People are getting busier every day,and no one gets time to take care of their health. Diseases are like a predator. Once, you fall prey to it, your life kind of starts barring you from doing any work. A dull headache could be a symptom of a vicious disease. Do not ignore it and visit your doctor regularly.
Let’s know more about the top 6 common diseases!
- HIV/AIDS: Well, you all must have heard about this one! It’s one of the deadliest sexually transmitted diseases. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus causes it. So, if an HIV positive patient is not given proper treatment, then it leads to AIDS. It’s not only transmitted due to unprotected sex but also via blood transfusion, or via contaminated surgical equipment. The symptoms include skin rash, fever, swollen lymph glands, oral yeast infection, muscle and joint pain.
- Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2): In the case of type 1 diabetes, the pancreas stops producing insulin whereas in the case of type 2 cells don’t react to insulin production. The symptoms include frequent urination, sudden weight loss or weight gain, thirst more than usual, hunger, and blurred vision. It might be genetically inherited or can occur due to excessive consumption of sugar during your early life for type 2. To prevent diabetes one must maintain an active and healthy lifestyle and eliminate smoking as well as excess alcohol consumption.
- Dengue: Mostly everyone hates mosquitoes. One specific mosquito called Aedesaegyptitransmits dengue to approximately 45 million people every year! The symptoms include fever, joint pain, headaches, nausea and decrease in platelet count. In some severecases, blood transfusions might also be required.
- Tuberculosis (TB): It is caused by an air-borne germ which affects the lungs causing severe dry cough, chest pain, and headaches. Though effective treatment can control this disease sometimes it might lead to death. Since it’s thecontagious one suffering from TB, they must cover their mouth to inhibit contamination and spreading.
- Hepatitis B:This disease affects almost a billion people across the world. The disease causes inflammation of the liver leading to jaundice, fatigue, and ultimately liver cirrhosis. To prevent, one must take several vaccines readily available and must indulge in healthy eating.
- Cardiovascular diseases: This section covers a significant chunk of diseases prevalent amongst middle-aged to old individuals. It’s not caused by any agent but mainly due to an unhealthy The main reason is high levels of cholesterol. Well, cardiovascular diseases include arrhythmia, congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease, myocardial infarction, and pulmonary stenosis.
The symptoms depend on the type of disease acquired. But, the typical symptoms are breathlessness, heart palpitation, chest pain, heartburn, heavy feeling in the chest, and others.
The congenital heart diseases have some specific symptoms mentioned below:
- High level of tiredness
- Excessive breathing problems
- Chest pain
- Clubbed fingers
- Excessive sweating
This particular disease can be a congenital disability of the heart,but the symptoms start showing only after an individual crosses 12 years of age.
That was all about the most common diseases that people suffer from. One can do some extra research over the internet to know more in detail about the illnesses.